The State Bank of India (SBI) is the largest lender and one of the most trusted banking institutions in our country. It maintains its stellar reputation across the sector as it also offers an array of exclusive credit cards that provide great discounts on traveling, dining, shopping, and more.
The public sector bank has tie-ups with other PSU’S to offer exclusive discounts on products such as fuel and railway tickets. The IRCTC RuPay SBI Credit Card available on Finserv MARKETS entitles you to receive up to a 10% value back on train tickets purchased from IRCTC. Similarly, the BPCL SBI Credit Card available on Finserv MARKETS entitles you to receive up to a 4.25% value back on fuel purchases made at BPCL petrol pumps.
To apply for an SBI credit card, you can head over to a dedicated financial marketplace such as Finserv MARKETS, to browse through the list of Cards available. Then, you could select one based on your preferred rewards and lifestyle choices. The last step involves filling out a few simple forms so that the bank can process your credit card application. If they approve your application, your card would be ideally dispatched within 7 days and would reach you by post.
How to check your SBI Credit Card Application Status?
To check your SBI credit card application status, one can either use the online tracking system available on their website or directly get in touch with their customer care representatives.
To check the status of SBI credit card online, follow these easy steps:-
- Visit the SBI Cards website at www.sbicard.com
- Rollover to the credit card option on the top left corner of your screen and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Apply now’
- Scroll all the way down to find the ‘track application’ and ‘retrieve application’ fields.
- To track an application, enter the reference/application number assigned to you.
- To retrieve your credit card application, you can enter your name and mobile number in their respective columns to get the relevant details.
If you’re unable to check your credit card application status online because of some reason, you could also check your SBI Credit Card application status offline.
To check your SBI credit card status offline, follow these easy steps:
- Get in touch with the SBI Credit card customer support available at 18601801290.
In case you have an IRCTC SBI Credit Card, you can call 18605001295.
- Choose your preferred language by pressing the corresponding button choice.
- In the main menu, press 4 to check your application status.
- Press 2 to track the status of your application.
- Enter the 13 digit application number you must’ve received on your registered mobile number through an SMS.
Alternatively, you could also visit your nearest SBI Bank branch and get in touch with the help desk.
What does my credit card application status mean?
Your credit card application status could show either of the following responses:
- In progress: This means that the bank is still processing your application.
- Approved: This means that your application has been verified and your card would be issued soon.
- Dispatched: This means that your card has been issued and mailed to you. You are likely to receive a text confirming the date and time of the delivery.
- On-Hold: This status means that the bank is still verifying some documents or needs additional proof.
- Disapproved: This status means that your application has been rejected by the bank due to inadequate documents or other reasons.
You can get in touch with the customer care helpline to enquire and reapply after 3 months or as per SBI norms.